Re: Front differential Oil plug

I just saw a post on that topic on this group's google archive,

> but didn't save the text or the link. But I know if you search > this group on Google you'll find a couple of posts and a photo > of the correct tool. It's like a big Torx socket.

It's a T70. I took pics of my socket and a pic of the underside of my 2004 WRX manual transmission. I've actually had a few forums link to the pic(s).

BTW - here's another source. If you can track down a Snap-On truck, you might be able to save on shipping.

The socket appears to be 1/2" drive. The bit probably sits in a special hex socket. I remember last year I tracked down a Snap- On truck and asked about the part. They didn't have it back then. The part was added to their catalog last January.

Reply to
y_p_w