Re: Has your Forester been reliable???

fuel economy, especially

> for an SUV (BTW, why does Subaru market the Forester as an SUV? It's > clearly a station wagon)

AAARGH I HATE YOU!! I perfer to think of it as a compact SUV. My friends think, as ypu do, that it is a station wagon. I refuse to believe that.

I LOVVE MY COMPACT SUV!!!

Mike

Reply to
Michael P. Smith

Edward Hayes

I was stopped in my 2003 Forester X by the police for going 36mph in a

20mph zone this week. (I got away with just a warning :P ) When I looked at my "ticket", it said SUBA SW. So, there! You have it from the "authorities", it's a station wagon.

To make things worse, have you noticed that mostly women with car seats in the back are driving Foresters? A recent Washinton Post article on the Forester says that it exudes "parental". I guess us parent types, regardless of gender. find a small station wagon very convenient. Add side air bags and very good crash ratings for under $20k, this small station wagon is a very good choice.

-R.

Reply to
Richard Chang

Foresters in Maryland don't appear to need the M series license plates used for SUVs and minivans. So I guess that the local authorities have spoken here. Me--I don't care what they call it. I love it.

The most recent Washington Post review that I saw had the one and only following criticism of the Forester XT: they didn't like the hood scoop. I guess you can't succeed as a reviewer unless you can find something negative to say.

Reply to
BBB

Richard Chang wrote in news:chang-700132.14593518102003 @comcast.ash.giganews.com:

My Impreza TS Wagon is called a 'sport wagon' by Subaru in their literature. They call the Forester a compact SUV.

Reply to
Fuzzy Logic