Re: my first snowfall in my Forester

> > You've seen those ads on TV where the driver blasts through snow so deep > it sprays off the front bumper? I did that a couple years ago on a road > that hadn't been plowed. It was cool. > > But Frank is right...don't get over-confident. Always carry a shovel, just > in case. > > -John O

Heh, heh. I remember trying that in my '86 Civic wagon AWD right after I got it. Went to a shopping center that had long stretch of painted parking spaces. Got up some speed in the 12" newfallen snow and suddenly found myself airborne. Crushed the front bumper, bent 2 rims, broke an axle and had the driver's airbag go off, almost singing my eyebrows off.

The shopping center had installed parking bumpers the day before. Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

I left my car at the Long Term Lot at Kennedy Airport and returned after a big snow storm. The lot had been plowed and my car was under about ten feet of snow. It was completely covered except the antenna. I dug it out and blasted out of the snow pile with no ill effects. It would have made a good commercial.

Reply to
Richard

That had to hurt.((

VF

Reply to
houndman

Actually the physical pain wasn't as bad as how stupid I felt when I was interviewed by the cops (who someone who had witnessed the event). Their smirks and chuckles cut right to the heart. Better they had clubbed me. :)

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo