Re: my first snowfall in my Forester

> rhebner writes:

>> > Last spring I bought a '99 Forester and was looking forward to see how >> > it would handle the snow. Well, yesterday we got it spades, about 25 >> > cm of the white stuff! The car handle it like a champ, and I haven't >> > even put on the snow tires yet. I'm going to start calling my car >> > 'pushmepullyou' in honour of the AWD. >> >> Aint' it fun? Security in the snow makes the maintenance costs and >> the relatively low fuel economy worth it whent he goin gets tough. >> >> > On the bad side is the clutch. It was replaced about a month before I >> Are you 100% confident it was done? >> >I've got the bill right here from the local dealer > REMAN CLUTCH $240 > BRG-CLUTCH R $71.28 > BEARING $7.91 >I'll admit it took a few days to get used to the clutch (after driving >toyotas for 20 years), but thats no reason for it to start slipping so >early. >I've got an app't on Friday with the dealer and I'll show them the >invoice and have a nice long talk with them.

Just a thought... cable clutch? Check the pedal height is correct and the freeplay is adjusted correctly - and if you've got floormats in, do it with the mats in place. Don't get much snow in this part of Oz. I do miss it sometimes. Cheers

-- Message posted using

information at

hippo

Hi all,

I'm a new member to the group. Have subbed since I've put the $$ down on a new Forester and will pick it up next month.

I'm DownUnder, a keen XC skier and have thought for years the Suby would be ideal for getting up to the snow.

So it's good to hear how well she might handle in the white stuff.

Any tips for cheap snow chains? (Required by law on our alpine roads). I've got good diamond pattern jobs for my current drive but need to look for replacements for the Forester to keep the law happy and for those really bad days up there.

Cheers, Ern Melbourne, Australia

Reply to
ziggy99