Re: Outback tires

> Jim Lofgren wrote: > > > Time to put new tires on my 2K Legacy OB Wagon and I'm interested in > > comments on which tires work best for all around with a little snow and a > > lot of rain....Thanks! Jim in Seattle.. > > > > > > Dunlop SP Sport A2 (High Performance All-Season)

I had a bad experience with the Sport A2's, and I've seen a lot of negative posts on various forums about them. Mine were great until they had about 15k imles on them, and then they got *extremely* noisy, and at least one was out of round - I've never been so glad to get a set of tires off my car in my life.

They were my first and last experience with "high performance" tires - you pay more for them, they give 1/3 to 1/2 the tread life of good tires, they are more prone to developing problems, and, short of them spontaneoulsy self destructing, the manufacturers absolutely do not stand behind any warranty (ask the tire shops - they will tell you)

*because* they are "performance" tires.

Different people have different priorities, but for me, a good touring tire is the way to go. I went with Cooper Lifeliner Touring SLE's -

620/A/B, slightly cheaper than the A2's, and just as good for hydroplane resistance (both are excellent in that category).

Bill Putney

Edward Hayes

...made by Cooper. 8^)

There's also a brand marketed by Cooper (similar or identical models that I have read good things about on other forums) in Canada under another name - might be MasterCraft, but I don't think so.

Bill Putney