New Tires on 2000 Neon

I just put a new set of coopers on my 2000 neon and would like to say that they are much better than the OEM Goodyear eagles.... The treadware is reasonable and they fit perfectly (185 60 r15). The weight of the material is great too. Very close to the goodyears as I can tell my acceleration hasn't changed too much from the original tires.

I had a set of dunlop sport A2's on mine and I hated them big time, but they were much cheaper than the eagles. The A2's seemed to be heavier and they wore in weird spots, the tire dealer that sold them to me tried to convince me that the wear was from problems with my alignment etc, but I doubt it now. The other problems I noticed was acceleration/lugging problems and unpredictable tracking in adverse conditions. I have yet to drive the Cooper tires in Rain or Snow, but the tread design looks like it will be able to handle stuff like that much better. It's raining out now, so in about 2.5 hours I'll be going home, I guess I'll find out then!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Elliott

Coincidentally I had a very bad experience with Dunlop Sport A2's on my Concorde, and switched to Coopers based in large part to a recommendation by someone on this forum - couldn't be happier. I got the Lifeliner Touring SLE's (620/A/B, T-rated, 70k mile rated,

*extremely* quiet, getting excellent wear, $75-80 U.S.). What model did you get?

Bill Putney

Reply to
Mike Elliott

next time you guys are shopping for tires for a Neon try Coopers Cobra GT's nice grip nice wear and nice overall winter summer treadlife had them on my

1996 plymouth neon highline sedan and loved them sorta looked like sprty racing tires has tread on sidewall for great cornering.

just my opinion,

The American Tofoso

acceleration

Reply to