RE: replace rear brakes on legacy and a smell from car?

I am wondering how easy a rear brake job is to do for a novice like me and also after car is run for a little while I get a smell from car, Wondering what
kinds of smells come from various emission parts going bad? ex. catyl. conv.? I have a 1997 legacy 2.2 AWD automatic with 150,000 MILES...............thanks...joe

Site Timeline is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.