Re: Subaru Prices

>>About half of the heating elements in my heated rear windscreen have=20 >>stopped working in my 97 Outback. Out of curiosity I phoned Autoglass=20 >>(UK) for a quote for a replacement windscreen...............

In the US, "Radio Shack" has started selling silver conductive paint for circuit board repair primarily. It works just as good on defroster windscreens.

Like the other fellow said, find the break(s) using a voltmeter, clean off the protective strip covering layer for a good connection, mask both upper and lower sides of the line with tape, then paint it on and let dry. Be patient. Don't paint longer stripe than needed since resistance of paint will be different from resistance (per inch) of original stripes. For short repairs, this works great.

Radio Shack / Tandy is also on the web, so should be easy to find if you don't have Radio Shacks where you are.

The 'Ole Rep

Reply to
<Rep