reconditioning of turbo

The primary turbo in my 97 Legacy GTB has quite a bad whistle, I am informed that this means it's on it's way out. I have recieved a price of NZ$900 to get the turbo removed, re-conditioned and re-installed.

Can I expect to get any type of performance improvements after having this done? What will happen if I leave the problem and just put up with the whistling? Is it safe to have the turbo hybrided with a larger impellor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ryan

Reply to
Ryan