Replacing OB front seats

The cloth seats (esp. driver's side) in front are getting frayed and I'd like to replace them. My Legacy OB is a '96 and I'm wondering what years I can choose from in the junk yards. They are non-electric and use the simple latch assy.

thanks in advance! Jim

Reply to
celdt celdt

1995 through 1999 will bolt in. 2000 and up to ??? will also work but the seat belts will have to be swapped and one or two seat frame bolt holes aren't used. I have 2002 LL Bean seats in my 1995 wagon.

Years ago I bought all the seat covers from an upholstery that removed them from a new Outback and replaced with leather shop for the day I needed to replace those in the wagon. Never used them since I upgraded to leather. $60 plus shipping if interested.

Reply to
johninky

Thanks GF. I emailed you and my letter is somewhere in you suspicious email spam-blockng catcher's mit.

Jim

Reply to
celdt celdt

Great deal on new OEM seat covers there from John. If you decide that's too much trouble, and as long as the seat foam and springs on yours are in good shape, you might consider a nice set of sheepskin seat covers. These are way comfy, summer and winter (esp. winter; mmmmm). Some really great deals to be had on ebay these days; serious luxury for around $150.

ByeBye! S.

Checked and still not there. Hope I didn't delete it earlier. Will check later tonight.

Reply to
johninky

It doesn't matter even if you lost my email. No worries. I only asked if the covers would need to be professionlly installed. Seems likely since an upholsterer removed them in the first place. By the way, my fabric was sort of blue and stripey. Sound like a match?

Jim

Reply to
celdt celdt

Unpacked the original shipping box and the covers are either a gray or very light tan. Also discovered covers are from a 2002 Legacy. I sent a few photos your way. [URL=3D

johninky

Thanks for the photos. They tell me that they don't match the door panels. Pity, 'cause it would have saved a bunch of $!

Thanks for your trouble. I may be off to the sheepskin shop. They sound kind of nice. Wonder if I can get them to color-match my door panels. hmmmmm

Jim

Reply to
celdt celdt