SAE J1962 connector location on Impreza 97

Hi folks !

Where is the OBD-II connector on '97 Impreza 2.0 litre engine ? Does this car has this connector ? I looked near the steering column, fuse box, but didn't find. I just find one orange 10 pin connector but it does not look like a SAE J1962 connector.

Thank you very much in advance !

JL

Reply to
carladmartins

All cars sold in the US since 1996 have the connector, and it is to be either located beside the steering column underneath the dash or there is supposed to be a placard there saying where it is. I think that orange connector you see is actually it.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

He's not in the US. Looks like he is in Brazil from his address. The car may not be OBDII compliant and may not have the port.

Reply to
mulder

Yep - that would be a whole different ball game. Maybe it is present in his car, maybe not.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee