security system

1999 legacy. Been using key to work locks since my remote was intermittent. Battery wen dead last week. Now if I use key to unlock, alarm sounds. I fooled with remote to get it working. Is it normal for alarm to go off with key. That's how my truck seems to work.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Yes, the alarm will go off if you open the door with the metal key. Your owner's manual will tell you how to defeat it.

Reply to
Patty Winter