Shopping for a 2001 Forester -- any advice?

Lee, I recently bought my first Subaru, and chose to get a 2001 Forester S, then found one nearby by using

.

I would recommend the S over the L trim. The S gives you the 6-disc CD player, variable intermittent front wipers, and the all-weather package with front wiper defroster, side mirror defrosters, and limited-slip differential. The rear cargo cover is a nice option to have for either the S or L.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Farmer

Thanks! That's what we did-- even autotrader. Found it at a dealership. My wife wanted an L, but hated the upholstery. I wanted the S to get the changer, sunroof, etc. Even sprung for the Subaru warranty -- just in case . The mileage was a tad higher than we expected, in the 60s, but it's fully loaded and we love it.

All the best...

Lee

Reply to
lee

Don't buy one. I have a Forrester I'm not crazy about. A handful of little annoyanes and I just got a 'recall' about need to add antifreeze treatment to avoid head gasket leaks. Brakes are weak too.

Reply to
DonWare

My 2000 Forester has been trouble free for 72,000 miles. Great car. Some have had to replace rear wheel bearings and some have had head gasket weeping (the reason for the cooling system conditioner). Check to be sure the conditioner has been added for the warranty goes up to 8 years and

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Brakes are one of many things upgraded for 2003.

Reply to
David