Sirius or XM radio install

Has anyone installed a satilite radio in their cars?

If so, did you run the cable around the door or did you go through the window frame? If anyone went through the glass, how did you do it?

The window frame install seems much neater, but I have serious (sorry for the pun) doubts that I could do it and not crack the glass or ruin the seal.

Thanks for any input,

Philip

Reply to
Philip Procter

is your hood aluminum or steel?

Reply to
Rhesus Monkey

Reply to
Bryan Lee

I've had XM in my '02 VDC Sedan for almost 2 years. I have the antenna at the back of the roof just before the rear window. I ran the cable down the window groove, sealed the groove with silicone, and ran the cable through the trunk, then under the rear seat and up front from there. John

Reply to
John A. Mason

in my 01 Forester, I went through the fire wall and put the antenna on the back of the hood. My antenna is about the size of a Zippo lighter and since the 01 had a steel hood, the magnet on the back of the antenna made for an easy install. Didn't look bad at all, and I could easily tuck it in to the engine compartment during washes. My 05 Forester has an aluminum hood, so I had to route through the headliner to the back of the car. I disagree on the FM modulator, a direct to head unit setup sounds much better.

Reply to
Rhesus Monkey

The antenna was on the dash of my '01 OBW.

Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge