Starlink Update Being Pushed Out

Got a notice from Subaru telling me that "Your vehicle is eligible for a complimentary STARLINK system update." Confused me at first since my initial thought was "a map update?" but further reading told me that the carrier that does the cellular communications for Starlink is shutting down its 3G service nationwide and the magic box that does the comm in my 2018 Outback would need to be replaced/upgraded for free. I don't know if Subies newer than mine were also 3G or if they had changed newer years to 4G from the factory. They estimate a 2+ hour period for the dealer to make the change. Guess I'll call the dealer tomorrow and see if they even have the new gizmos in stock.

Come to think of it two months ago the people from ADT alarms did a radio upgrade on my home alarm system for the same reason. Guess 3G is a dead duck now.

Reply to
John McGaw