subaru impreza outback winter tires

Hi

Would these fit on my subaru impreza outback 2002

Goodyear Ultragrip 5

205/65R-15

Thanks

Pat

Reply to
Foril

They will if you have 15 inch wheels. I _think_ the OBS has 16 inch wheels tho, and 15 inch Subaru wheels may not clear your front brake calipers. Be sure to try on a set before committing.

ByeBye! S.

Hello Pat

You can find the tire size on the side of your tires (obvious but worth repeating). The Tirerack gives your tires as 205/55-R16. Putting

205/65-R15 on will throw your odometer off a bit. How much?

Found a site

which givescircumference for tire sizes. Using a 65 instead of a 55 will see thecircumference grow from 75 to 80 inches, or 1/15th, or ~7%. Going 100mph on the odo will actually be ~107 mph. You would need 175/65-R15sto have the same circumference. Nicolas

Reply to
Nicolas Dore

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:07:01 GMT, CWu wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Narrower contact patch. Same pressure on the ground. If you fill to 32 psi, contact patch is 32 psi (give or take a bit of structural dependencies).

Narrow is better because it cuts through the snow instead of riding on top.

Since 185 is the standard width for the early '90s Legacies, it should be quite alright. You may even be able to easily find old wheels with snows mounted from Legacy owners retiring their cars.

Standard on the Turbo was 195.

Reply to
Dave Null Sr.

A 185 width is better that 205's for winter. More pressure per square inch.

Reply to
al gu

I see - the 'footprint' would be long and narrow compared to the original tire. Same area, different (better for snow) shape.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

Nicolas Dore wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Eventually one has to worry about the overall load rating of a tire as well. That is what is most likely to limit the narrowness of tire choices. It was for when we got Kelly/Springfield snows for my wife's Civic last year, and that car only weighed 2300lbs! Terry - '03 Silver Legacy SE sedan - 36 miles! '02 Regatta-Red GT wagon 5spd - 23k miles Yakima / TandeMover / Rockymount rack To reply, get rid of the "nonsense"

Reply to
TW-Ohio

Or go to Tirerack.com or Discounttiredirect.com (sp?) and choose from among their choices because sometimes an in-between size is more appropriate as the actual measurements, especially the circumference, is different than the tire size specs would indicate. TW

Reply to
TW-Ohio