subaru legacy hard to start when cold

I have a 1993 subaru legacy that starts and fine except when the weather is cold. Actually I shouldn't say that , it will start fine with a portable jumpstarter that I keep in the car(I imagine it would jumpstart from another car too) Mostly in the mornings is when I have trouble, but sometimes it will not start later on in the day, or sometimes I will start it up and drive even a short distance, and then it wont start on the way back. Any suggestions?

Reply to
humboldthack

Had your battery's cold cranking amps tested yet?

~Brian

Reply to
Brian

If you mean it cranks but will not start, possibly an intermittent crank angle sensor or maybe a bad engine temp sensor(not temp gauge sender).

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan