Subaru Still Doesn't Get It

Our new 2003 H6 has the same problem with the hatch as did our '96 Outback. The hatch is hinged with the pivot so placed that the top of the hatch goes down into the seam when the hatch is opened. When that space is filled with ice, crunch! And I don't mean the ice.

I would prefer they configure the hinge like the one on my Jeep; the hinge pivot is at the seam, so the end of the hatch doesn't move into the seam.

Also, there is virtually no clearance between the shelf on the bumper and the bottom of the hatch. Again just a little bit of ice can stop you from opening the hatch. Not so on the Jeep, where there is about 3/4 inch clearance.

Message to Subaru: your customers really do use these vehicles in icy conditions. It's not enough to have all-wheel drive. You need the rest of it designed to provide utility also.

Al

Reply to
Al

I just wish they would make the rear window hinged within the hatch.

Jack

Reply to
Jack