Ford Explorer Rear Wiper Problem ....5 Minute Corrective fix

I too had the same problem with my rear wiper,the wiper would hardly touch the window, but I have since corrected the problem without spending a dime. If anyone is interested in a 5 minute corrective fix for this problem I would gladly send via your email a detailed step by step instruction guide for a small fee of $5. This repair is simple and will allow the wiper to wipe the entire blade length of the widow and has worked on 3 different year Ford Explorers to date.

Reply to
holenhead

Why not just post it to the newsgroup for all to benefit?

Reply to
fog-dog

Ya know, it would be so much nicer if you were to just post the info instead of trying to sell it here. Pander your wares somewhere else, this is a forum of people helping people, not trying to make a quick buck.

My .02, that's all you get from me.

gerry

Reply to
Gerry Pierce

You want to charge $5 to tell us to bend the wiper arm?

Reply to
Bob

Yes you are all right about what the true meaning of a help forum is ....... Please forgive me for trying to Capitalize on the solution for the problem.

The problem: I found the problem with the wiper system is that when the wiper is turned off it gets parked into the shoe on the backdoor. In the parked position the spring tensioned hinge joint near the pivot shaft will be slightly pushed out, after a period of time that hinged joint sticks from corrosion and the spring is unable to overcome the the binding so the spring cannot pull the wiper back against the window.

The corrective fix: Remove the pivot shaft nut from the base of the wiper arm (some models have a plastic cover that will have to be swung out of the way to get at the nut) and remove the wiper arm from the motor shaft. Next pull off the wiper wash tube from the fitting on the hatch. Then you will need to lubricate the hinge joint with a good penetrating oil and work the hinge joint back and forth until you get good full motion of the hinge joint. Next reinstall the wiper arm assuring that the wiper gets properly parked in the shoe, tighten the nut and check it out. You may have to do some re-bending of the arm because I'm sure that everyone with this problem has tried bending the arm in one way or another to get it to conform to to window. I HAVE

Reply to
holenhead

Yes you are all right about what the true meaning of a help forum is ....... Please forgive me for trying to Capitalize on this problem

[...]

Unfortunately mine (99 XLT) has started to work intermitently, sometimes it'll start and sometimes not.

Reply to
Jerry

When my wiper seems to be stuck and doesn't move when I turn it on, I have a simple fix... It involves turning up my two 12" Sub Woofers and I shake the sucker loose. HA-HA

-ANDY

Reply to
Teleplus Gatineau

"holenhead" wrotenews: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

I was about to rip you a new one when I saw your first post. Thanks for correcting yourself.

msm

Reply to
Anastazi