tires size 1994 impreza

Hi,

I currently have the stock rims (13") on my 94 impreza with the recommended

165/80/13 tires.

I want to replace them with 14" rims from a cavalier with 175/70/14. I wondering if this is possible or if the maximum size is the stock size.

TIA, alex

Reply to
Alex Docherty

I can't say re. the Cavalier wheels; no idea if they have the same mounting and offset. Modern Soobies run a 5X100 lug pattern, with about a 35mm offset. As far as tire size, stay with approximately the same diameter and "section" width (+/- 1/2 inch or so), and you'll be fine. I'm sure folks are putting the 15 inch Subaru alloys on their Imprezas, probably with a 195/60 tire, and that's what I'd recommend. Check on Tire Racks website, or with the good folks at NASIOC to see what else might work. If you already have the Cavalier wheels, and they fit the Impreza hub, measure clearance between the rim and strut, front and rear, and compare this to the same measurement with your stock wheels. If they differ significantly, you may be in for trouble.

ByeBye! S.