2000 Mirage tire size

The car came equipped with 175/65R/14 tires which are now due for replacement. Has anyone used 185/60R/14 as a replacement? Any clearance problems in the wheel well? TIA DFB

Reply to
NickySantoro

No, because the actual rolling diameter is slightly less, which means your speedo will read high, your engine will rev a bit faster for a given speed and use more gas. Acceleration will be improved slightly.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS
175/65 x 14 = 165/70 x 14 = 155/75 x 14 = 145 x 14 not a good size for a mitsubishi

go down by 10 and up by 5 to keep the same rolling diameter.

Better still contact ya local Mitsubishi dealer and ask what size tyres ya can use to keep your speedo accurate. Here in Australia, we must abide to a certian tyre size to be legal and comply with each states laws.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Thanks for the replies. Saved me from making a mistake.

Reply to
NickySantoro