Transmission oil change on 2005 Outback

I'm in the process of converting all the fluids in my wife 2005 Outback(w/4 cyl. engine and auto trans.) to Amsoil synthetic. I've already done the oil, will do the differentials, which won't be a problem but my question is about the transmission. I realize I'll need a filter and gasket but I believe in research before I undertake the job. Has anyone out there done the change? Anything specific to watch out for? Thanks!

Reply to
roofgunner

"roofgunner" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...

If you plan to stay in warrantee, you will use a proper fluid.

Reply to
Bob H

"roofgunner" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...

While you do have to think about your warranty, changing the oil in the tranny isn't an easy DIY job. You can do it a pan at a time, over time, as some here have suggested, or you can take it to a shop that has a power flusher or changer or whatever you call it. This flushes out all the old oil so it can be replaced with new stuff at one time.

Reply to
Sheldon

The filter is "permanent" type and screws on. There is a drain plug I think.

Reply to
bigjim