Where can I get a 1992 Legacy part?

Hi, I have a 1992 Subaru Legacy and I am looking for the full-width black plastic piece that is just below and before the widshield. The wiper arms come up through this and there are a couple of air inlets in it. I wanted to clean underneath it and managed to break it. I think this is called the "cowl" but I am not sure and please let me know if it isn't.

This part appears to be available from

Has anybody had any dealings with them? Thanks, any info is greatly appreciated. Cheers,

Chamara

Reply to
ChamaraG

They are a very reputable vendor of Subaru parts, in fact they are a Subaru dealer parts dept. that has an online store. Jamie Thomas, their parts person, is well-known in the Subaru community and competes on the pro rally circuit. Their prices are very competitive as well.

Reply to
mulder

I have purchased from them 3-4 times and have no complaints. It MAY be possible to get your local dealership to match prices. That said, I'm wondering if a junkyard part would be adequate? Of course, it may be brittle and just as likely to break. I dunno.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Hi all, thanks for the information. Regarding a junkyard part, i guess it would be quite brittle, just like the one in my car. Cheers,

Chamara

Reply to
ChamaraG