Heater fan only running on 'high'

I have an '09 Impreza, 4dr. wagon. This morning, might be due to the 10°F outside, but the fan would not run on #1 thru #4 and only ran on #5. While happy at least one works, the noise is a bit much.

This is a new problem and the only other thing to note was that I had a front-end alignment last Tuesday. What suggestions does anyone have?

Reply to
Wilson

Sounds like a burned out speed resistor. High is the only speed that does not use the resistor. Ford used to have a problem with the main power terminal on the resistor overheating and going bad - quite possibly the problem on der soob as well

Reply to
clare

Thanks. I found a couple of videos showing the fixes. Not for it to warm up just a bit more ;)

Reply to
Wilson