'05 Outback Wagon - CD player starts automatically

I've got an intermitent problem with my 05 outback wagon where I'll be listening to the radio and the cd player will start playing without me pressing any buttons, sometimes I'll even have the radio turned completely off and the CD player will randomly start playing. Has anyone else run into this issue? My car has 6000 miles on it and this is driving me nuts. The dealer won't fix the problem without being able to duplicate the issue and because its completely random it sometimes goes weeks (3+) before it happens. Any advice on how to get this people to fix the issue? I called SOA who is contacting the dealer but I'm not all that confident it will do much. Additionally the right front speaker in the door is already blown, suprising as I never blast my music, I haven't even mentioned that issue as I'm sure they'll claim end user abuse. This is all the more frustrating as I've purchased two brand new cars from Subaru in a 9 month time period (first one was stolen).

Reply to
Ben

Can't really help ya, but if it makes you feel better, the volume sometimes randomly changes on my 2001 radio. Not too frequent though.

Intermittent problems are a PITA...

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

They replaced my wiper blades and weatherstripping under warranty theyll replace the speaker

Reply to
jabario

Wild guess, the mechanizm that detects disk insertion is probably touchy or damaged.

Take the disk out when you are not using it.

Reply to
Sparky Polastri

True - my CD player kicks in occasionally after going over a bump. If I leave the disk in the player but ejected to make sure that doesn't happen, I am sure to push it back in everytime I shift....

florian /FFF/

Reply to
Florian Feuser /FFF/