We're largely Democrats, per the NY Times

I don't know how others feel about having to "register" to read a simple article, but I never thought anything they had to say was worth the crap they filled my mailbox with when I DID register years ago. Has anything changed?

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

I'm registered and I don't get any messages in my inbox.

Reply to
y_p_w

I make up a fake e-mail address. I submit bizarre names and crazy demographic info. It lets me see the articles and forces them to deal with it.

-John

Reply to
Generic

I simply gave them false data. Seems to work fine that way.

Ragnar

Christ almight. I gave up on some other forums I used to enjoy, because every single discussion turned into a republican vs democrat argument / fight.

Please don't start all that crap here.

Remember that the US is not the center of the universe, especially >

Hallan Blaggit

NYT is famous for it's bias. Personally, this registered Republican refuses to answer surveys ;( Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

As is Fox News. ;-)

(ok, let's stop while we're even, I'm just having fun and NOT intending to start this discussion here, of all places...the most international group I visit.)

Fortunately, my OBW doesn't pull to the right or left unless one of the tires needs some air. Then it rolls straight down the center.

-John O

Reply to
John O

Reply to
lkreh

i use

for pages like that...

Reply to
Mike

You can get a shared login for most free web sites by going to

The NY Times is not at all monolithic in the opinions and biases it expresses. Their opinion page is all over the map. Give it another try.

Reply to
Tom Reingold

Don't you just hate it when you drive alongside a Subaru just like yours and the driver looks like a wacko? Sad thing is, they may be thinking the same thing about you ;) Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

Neither do I.

Reply to
John Rethorst

I meant the post as light-hearted, but you have a point. I suppose saying 'liberal' rather than 'Democrat' would have been more international and inclusive.

Reply to
John Rethorst

Especially on the way to the range, eh? ;) But what I found even scarier was the time someone asked what kind of Volvo my '90 Loyale 4wd wagon was... yeah, the car's a bit boxy, but I worried more about the implication I looked like a "Volvo driver" of that era. Ouch!

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

it says that subaru (and saab) drivers are "democrats" and "gay", if you read the article.

marketing crap doesn't deserve the time of day, but isn't it funny that some people would get so hung up about being labeled.... a "democrat"!

....... tom klein

Reply to
tom klein

NYT is famous for it's bias. Personally, this registered Republican refuses to answer surveys ;(

Not as famous as Fox News... and there's no apostrophe in "its."

Bill

Reply to
Bill Sharpe

marketing crap doesn't deserve the time of day, but isn't it funny that some people would get so hung up about being labeled.... a "democrat"!

....... tom klein

Reply to
Bill Sharpe

I'm a Libertarian - my OBW goes where it wants and I don't care where you take yours! ;^)

these may be fun - and this is my last post here about politics;

Carl

John O wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. Here's the paragraph in question:

But car buyers are also responding to the political images that come with some cars. Some foreign car companies have marketed cars as environmentally friendly, and some have at times focused on parts of the Democratic base. Saab and Subaru were the first and most visible to aim advertising at gay drivers.

Where in there does it say that the drivers themselves are Democrat or gay? It doesn't. Learn to read. No wonder we're stuck with the president we have now with people like you in the electorate.

Reply to
KLS