We're largely Democrats, per the NY Times

Not then, not now, not ever!

Reply to
dr.benway

They don't fill my mailbox with cr*p. Of course, they might be sending it to my old, long closed hotmail account, too. ;)

Seriously, open an account on Yahoo or somesuch. Set the filter to dump everything directly into the email. Use that email address when opening accounts on web sites whom you suspect might ignore your express wishes not to be contacted by email. Voila -- problem solved.

-- Catherine Hampton Home Page * The SpamBouncer *

(Please use this address for replies -- the address in my header is a spam trap.)

Reply to
Catherine Hampton

Me too! In fact I use the Firefox BugMeNot plugin, so I can just rt-click my way into all of these kinds of sites without supplying any (real) info!

Matt

Reply to
MattB

(whew! and i thought somebody actually voted for bush!)

kindly engage brain before operating mouth.

if you bothered to read more than one paragraph, it also says: "Scarborough also determined that Volvos were the most "Democratic" cars, by 44 to 32 percent, followed by Subarus and Hyundais." which is probably why the subject "thingie" up there at the top of the screen said: "We're largely Democrats, per the NY Times".

getting to the "gay thing" it says: ""Saab and Subaru were the first and most visible to aim advertising at gay drivers."

to help the comprehension-challenged out there, i will spell it out: it is actually FUNNY that some people on alt.autos.subaru protested sharply about being labeled as democrats, but pay little or no attention to the comment about (saab and) subaru's advertising to gay drivers.

times have changed.

now work on the really BIG words like d-e-m-o-c-r-a-c-y. you know, that thing where everybody gets to vote and if the groundhog sees his shadow, you'll have four more years of inflated defence spending...

and, by the way, not everybody on the planet is stuck with YOUR president. (my apologies to the rest of the alt.autos.subaru newsgroup for continuing the silly and off-topic political commentary.)

Reply to
tom klein

Fine.

Kindly allow me to attempt to improve your reading comprehension by once again reiterating my question: Where does the article say that the drivers themselves are gay? The sentence you pull out talks ONLY about advertising to gay drivers, not whether gay drivers actually drive the cars. Capisce?

Your other comments aside, unfortunately the entire world is stuck with this U.S. president.

Reply to
KLS

Maybe so, but the good news is that we're not stuck with Al Gore or John Kerry.

Reply to
Hal Whelply

Maybe so, but the good news is that we're not stuck with Al Gore or John Kerry.

-------------------- I would have been much happier with John McCain. Unfortunately there was no such choice. Bill

Reply to
Bill Sharpe

Only 3 1/2 more years.....don't get me started on "W"...I could go on for days and days and days about his incompetence.

Reply to
WRXtreme