Weird Blinker

I have a 2008 Impreza. The left turn signal blinks at a normal rate. The right turn signal blinks at a very fast rate. All the lights work. In past cars, if a bulb burned out, then it would cause these symptoms. Does anybody know what might be wrong and if it would be a simple repair so as not to have to go through the hassle of taking it back to the dealer.

Reply to
Robert

Since the car would appear to be brand new I would let the dealer fulfill some warranty obligations and I would want to watch them perform the work to see what is done. It's my understanding that the new Imprezas are using LED lighting in the back which would also lead me to believe you have an electronic flasher unit istead of the older bi-metal types.

Perhaps there is moisture someplace in your signal system that it shouldn't be?

Perhaps it's a feature and not a flaw - Have you called a dealer yet to ask what this symptom could point toward?

~Brian

Reply to
Brian

I took it to the dealer today and the service department was closed. There was a mechanic there and he quickly diagnosed it as a front bulb. The front bulb worked but that side was blinking fast. He opened up the shop especially for me and changed the bulb. That solved the problem. What good service (Halladay Motors - Cheyenne WY). I'm going to write the president of the dealership and tell him how I appreciated the service.

Reply to
Robert

I have the exact same problem with my front left turn signal. Initially it was intermittent. I had take it in to get it fixed and the dealer told me the bulb wasn't secure. Since then it has started happening again. I have yet to take it in again.

Reply to
Josh