What can they improve on the 2006 Outback

Was there any glaring problems or niggles on the 2005?

I wouldn't mind seeing a red one again.

Reply to
RockyRoad

This from the Joe Spitz site:

After the major re-design for the 2005 model, there are only a few notable changes for the 2006s available starting mid-July 2005.

2.5i model upgrades include more power and standard immobilizer key, larger wheels and air filtration. The 2.5i really is very well equipped. The base cloth XT turbo model has been dropped, replaced with a new 6cylinder model, simply called the 3.0R wagon. Navigation is finally available on a few models. Prices are up slightly over the 05.

gone base cloth interior XT wagon has been dropped new model: 6cylinder now available in a new cloth model, called the 3.0R wagon new name: 3.0R sedan renamed the 3.0R LL Bean sedan new horsepower on the 2.5i 2.5L 4cylinder models now 175@6000rpm, torque to 169@4400 new Navigation system optional on XT and 3.0R models, see below new all models have 17" alloys new all models have air filtration new all models immobilizer key new destination charge now $625 (was $575)

Reply to
Freedom55

It would also be nice if they have a proper line-in for an iPod

Reply to
RockyRoad

Like you, I'd like to see Garnet Red and Green Mica make a reappearance on the colour chart. And a standard CD Changer (not just for the 3.0R models).

Reply to
Losiho

My old GL Sportswagon is "Carmen Mica" and I still like it. Better than the lighter Red they used on the Late 90's Outbacks.

Reply to
RockyRoad

Bring back Spruce Pearl! That was the "dark green" offered on the first gen Outbacks, and I loved it.

-LK

Reply to
lkreh

After driving a 2005 as a loaner I'm sorry to say that Subaru has started its path towards bankruptcy and withdrawal from US market. They have forgotten what brought them back from the brink-- The Outback. Now they sell overpriced underfeatured cars in an attempt to move upscale. Integrated stereos, poor ergonomics- window switches blocked by pull handles seats not as comfortable or able to slide back as far. Plus the butt ugly design- like any other jap crap jellybean

Reply to
jabario