Have seen Subaru selling not a car, but

I visited a Home Depot and got ?shocked? by the fact that they sell pressure washer with the Subaru engine. Subaru logo with all the stars in the oval was on it as well as the Fuji Heavy Industry name.

Have to admit, that if that would be a lawn mower, with the boxer engine , I would probably buy it :-).

A.

Reply to
Andy Leszczynski

Quite a lot of stuff here in Australia used by rental companies, eg compactors, cement mixers etc goes under the name of "Robin" Subaru. Also very good stuff.

Reply to
Phil

Aren't lawnmowers single cylinder? A flat "one" would probably not be too stable. ;-)

Reply to
RockyRoad

I have seen that in US first time. Also "Robi" or "Robin" brand for the tool itself.

A.

Reply to
Andy Leszczynski

Ryobi and RObin not same Co.

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

These are premium qlty engines. Just finished swaping out an old B&S engine in a tiller with a Robin/Subaru engine. Robin/FHI makes a broad range of small engines up to twins of about 25HP. They also make some very nice generators.

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

Subaru is a part of Fuji Heavy Industries, which is probably a big company into many sorts of things. Japanese companies tend to have wide scopes.

In my previous life as a bicycle mechanic, I used to sell Panasonic bicycles. And they weren't just rebranded. People were surprised to see the name on a bicycle, but we sold them because they were actually pretty good. They became a popular name in NYC for a few years.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Reingold

Here, take a look at this overview:

Clearly, this is translated from Japanese. Not because the English is bad, but because of the type of vision statement it is.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Reingold

Bridgestone also made some of the finest factory built road and mountain bikes around. I wonder why they never manufactured bicycle tires too.

That doesn't seem to stop Michelin, Continental, Maxxis, and other motor vehicle tire manufacturers from making bicycle tires.

Reply to
Bonehenge

All lawnmowers I used at my parent's had the cylinder horizontal. Isnt't that what we call flat? I can't remember any stability issue, just stones :-)

Reply to
Zelidar

I own a Makita power generator and the engine on it (10HP) is made by Fuji Heavy Industries too.

Reply to
Cixcos

Saw some go-karts with FHI/Robin/Subaru engines in them. Thought about getting one and then seeing about some STi parts. ;)

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker