Fuse box question

I recently had a blown fuse for the cigarette lighter. I replaced the fuse but discovered that the lighter still doesn't work, nor the locks, radio, power mirror. The owners manual says that these are all fed from the IP Bat fuse. I confirmed this fuse to be good. The manual also states that the transaxle acutator fuses are fed from the IP Bat fuse. These were dead also. Since these are located in the same box as the IP Bat fuse I find it hard to believe that there would be another fuse in between. Does anyone know how to open the under hood fuse box so I could investigate? It has two bolts that go in through the top but removing these didnt help.

Reply to
Chris

Hello Chris. I can't speak for all models, but my '01 L300 has plastic clips on the front and rear of the under hood fuse box. Pressing in the front latch allows the fuse panel cover to be rotated up. There is a fuse puller stored inside to remove the mini-fuses. I also have fuse sub panels in the front kick panels, both left and right sides.

If you don't have a owner's manual, there are some scanned pages available at

Oppie

Reply to
Oppie