$1.99 brake calipers???

Shopping for rebuilt rear brake calipers for my 94 Volvo. There seem to be plenty available, but some of the prices seem too low to believe, such as this from Autozone: CARDONE BRAKE CALIPER - REAR for a 1994 VOLVO 850 Unit Price: $58.99 Core Value*: $57.00 Part No.: 19-1708 Weight: 6.82 lbs. Warranty: LLT

After returning the core, the price to me is only $1.99. This is hard to believe. Is there some hidden cost they're not telling me about?

Also, some are listed as "loaded" Does this mean they come with the pads?

(Never had to replace any parts yet that had a core return..)

-- Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

Reply to
Doug Warner

They will cost you each $58.99 + $57.00 = $115.99 with $57.00 to be refunded when you return the core.

Yes -- if you can call them that. Autozone is crap by and large.

Reply to
Don

The core charge is on top of the price of the part. You will be charged: Unit price $58.99 Core charge $57.00 Sub total $115.99

You will be refunded $57.00 when you return a rebuildable core to the place of purchase.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

D'OH! I must be sleeping.. The core charge is added to the price, not included.. =20