Legacy brake calipers

My 1997 Legacy 2.5GT sedan (Canada) needs complete brake job: calipers, rotors and pads.

Question: If UAP NAPA parts search shows 15 inch wheels and car sticker shows 205/55/16 as are installed then will their brake parts fit my car?

They say theirs parts list also shows 1 piston and 2 piston calipers. Mine has 2 piston in the front and 1 piston in the back.

Does anyone have any recommendations or web links for bleeding procedure once the new parts are in?

And, more out of curiosity than importance, do all manual transmission cars with rear wheel disc brakes have a small version of a drum brake inside the rear rotors for the parking brake? Or is this particular to Subaru?

On the upside, removal of the 2 main caliper bolts was not too bad with some persuasion (boxwrench clamped to the bolt and a 1 pound ball pein hammer)and the rest was easy except for the annoying drum pad adjuster inside the rear caliper.

----------------- Bob

Reply to
RJ Walsh

Re. small drum brakes, How Stuff Works has some info on this in their disk brakes section:

As a note, my 2000 Legacy and the1982 Mercedes I had before that have the drum-in-disk system.

Nicolas

Reply to
Nicolas Dore

My BMW 7-er uses this setup as well for parking brake.

Reply to
alex3324

UAP provided the parts to test the fit on "return if they don't" basis. They fit.

Thanks for your responses

Reply to
RJ Walsh