1989 Corolla running warm

My 1989 Corolla has began running warm lately....not to the point of overheating but slightly above the normal "9 o'clock"positon of the heat indicator needle. It gets up to about the "10 o'clock" position, which is still below the danger range. Otherwise the car runs fine. It has

102k miles on it. Any suggestions about what is causing this would be appreciated.

Doug and Patty

Reply to
MRTYMCFLY

I'm not an expert on this, but a slight warming of the engine could be due to the engine running leaner than usual. A lean fuel mix will burn hotter than usual. It may be of some help to the people in this forum to give a more in depth description i.e is fuel economy roughly the same, is there loss of power, has it had any recent work etc. Lean mix could be caused by low pressure fuel, maybe a clogged fuel filter or fuel line? Any other info you have might help out a bit

Reply to
Josh

Have you ever replaced the thermostat? It could be sticking a little. Simple and cheap fix if thats the problem. They make new ones now that if they fail they fail in the open positiion. Get one of those. It could save you some headaches.

Good Luck

Pete snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Reply to
conan