1992 Ford Thunderbird

I have a 92 thunderbird. I got this from my sister and it has been running rough. It seems to cut in and out of when it will run right. One minute it doesnt seem to want to go anywhere, the next it wants to burn the tires and take off. I have to feather the gas in order to get it to go anywhere to get up to speed. Just today it decided that it is going to stall out everytime we start it up. My dad replaced a few parts but it still runs bad. any ideas on why it may be doing this would be helpful thanks.

Reply to
waskiewicz_105

Hundreds of things can cause this, from small vacuum leaks to major engine problem.

What parts did your father replace, and what codes are the computer setting?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I know they replaced all the plugs and wires, new mass air unit? sensor?, and the coil pack. There may be a few more , but I have to get a hold of him to ask. The computer is showing nothing for us, already tried running that. I was told to try the ignition module

Reply to
waskiewicz_105

We checked everywire today and it is not firing on the 5 and 6 cylinders all the time. When it is stalling it is not even firing on the other four enough to keep it going

Reply to
waskiewicz_105

Reply to
philthy

My 93 tempo had similar problems. I'd look into the ignition also. What burns me up (or as Peter Griffin said "Really Grinds My Gears") is it got totaled, and the very next month Ford comes out with an ignition recall. I got a '00 cavalier in replacement, but there have been so many problems on and off with this car I'm going to look back at Fords after my wife's car is paid for.

Reply to
RacerE7773 via CarKB.com