1993 Chevy Corisca Problem W/ Electronics or Loose Wire?

Description: The cars engine seems to hesitate like it is going to stall when increasing speed. At traffic lights and stop signs the engine will stall sometimes. I have taken the car to two repair shops and a transmission shop no one can tell me why the car is acting this way. The engine was tested at the two shops and it is fine, computer diagnostics show nothing. Anyone know where to look for a problem like this in a Corsica?

Thanks

Reply to
Mean 1

Any competent shop can figure out what is wrong with it. It may cost more than you are willing to pay, however. Hook a laptop up to it and record driving.

Reply to
« Paul »

did they test fuel pressures and the like?

Reply to
ladeedadeedaadaa

If the problem occurs and goes away quick enough, then a fuel starvation issue would not have time to set codes 44/45 (I think) for too lean / too rich, hence no codes. Also a failing ECM board would cause no stored codes coupled with a variety of poor running and stalling problems. If your check engine light doe NOT come on right after the vehicle stalls, I would suspect the ECM.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Question is ...when the car stalls does it stall losing all power...ie PS goes as well as lights, instrumentation, not just the engine?

I had this problem once with a Chevy Beretta and it turned out to be a loose ground wire...the ECM was losing it's ground. Tightening the ground relay bolt solved the prob.

MB

Reply to
mab992