1995 Camry

First of all I must say, Up till now this has been the best car ever. But now I have a problem even toyota cant find! The car went from working perfect to needing a tow truck, its been 6 weeks now and there isn't a garage that can help me. It just won't start, It has spark, timming is good, fuel pressure is good, compression is good, it passes every test we gave it but it won't run....I have changed all ignition parts, fuel pump,fuel filter, computer,all the relays,moduals,and still it won't go!! I might be reaching for the stars here, I think it's something stupid..... so I need to pick your brains as I am out of Ideas,If you think you can help, even if it don't, don't be shy, I am open to try anything, I am on a disability pension, and its all I got, so please give it a go, I can be found at snipped-for-privacy@netscape.ca, I am from Frankford Ontario, Canada

Reply to
brian

AIR

Air to fuel mix is not correct because: possible cracked intake manifold possible leaking intake manifold gasket leaking vacuum line somewhere

You don't have a _combustible mix_ of fuel/air, and that is why your car won't run.

So go find the leak, seal it off, and drive into the sunset.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

Reply to
brian

Valve train working correctly? Timing OK? Crankshaft position sensor working? Camshaft position sensor working? you have a 95, and I don't know what is/isn't in that model.

Comboverfish will make an appearance. He is an MTD, which is short for Master Technical DooDooHead. Give him a little time to check the n/g, he always does, sooner or later.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

Reply to
Shep

Reply to
brian

5SFE 4 cylinder? If it really had adequate spark, timing, fuel and compression then it would run. I'm guessing one of these components is not truly adequate. My bet is on a failing ignition coil, based on the pattern failure of 5SFE coils and your updated description of the engine dying above idle (under any load). Even if you just replaced it with an aftermarket part I would still suspect the coil. Second that, I would suspect any monkeying around after the first diagnostic attempt without a full knowledge of how this system works. The fact that the 'computer' has been swapped leads me to believe that someone in the repair chain hasn't a clue what's going on with this engine.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Reply to
brian

Hey, I don't know everything that happened in your repair saga! All I have to go on is your thin description of some things that were done and a couple of drivability complaints. Again, in most cases it's the coil that is breaking down under load. You could take that as helpful advise or you could point fingers at the nameless mechanics involved who can't defend themselves here. A competent mechanic will tell you that a no-start condition is easy to diagnose 99.9% of the time. What are the odds that your car is the 0.1% exception?

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Reply to
brian

.... As I wrote in the beginning, ignition parts have been changed, including the coil. After all it is an ignition part, isn't it? It's all new, dealer installed, thats why I tried this site. I was hoping it was an off the wall thing someone could help me with and not treat me like I'm stupid! Sorry to bother you. __________________________________________

What was it that you wrote in the beginning? Please repeat it. If you will describe your vehicle and describe in detail the symptoms up to, during, and after some problem occurred, someone here could possibly have some experience which could benefit you.

Unconnected personal text messages do not bring help.

Good luck.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

Original quote: "I have changed all ignition parts..."

OK, so that must mean that 1) you did the work and 2) you replaced

*every* ignition part. I'll guess you didn't replace the ignition condenser. How about the Ne and G+ pickups? Was any of the related primary wiring replaced? And how about the ignitor?

You still haven't even let us know which engine you have!

In what way haven't I been helpful? Really, now... for free, on my own time. Are you sure you're not just a bit passive aggressive there, Brian? Nobody did really insinuate that you're stupid, did they?

I guess that you just want a direct answer to your rhetorical question "so if a dealer hasn't a clue...then tell me who does?"

Reply to
Comboverfish

Reply to
brian