1997 celica

I have a 1997 toyota celica that when i go to activate the right side turn signal it will sometimes make a buzzing sound and the signal wont work unless i lightly tap it has anyone encounterd this problem before

Reply to
firefoxishere83

Don't know if anyone has ever encountered that problem before. Never heard of it. However, you might want to check it out before it catches fire, ala GM.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

It depends on what it is you are tapping lightly.

Reply to
jim

I found this in a Ford forum: The flasher relay started buzzing non stop today. If I turn key to IGN, it starts buzzing like crazy and smoke starts from behind the steering wheel. If I turn indicator on either L or R the buzzing and smoke stops and works perfect. When I turn indicator off, it starts again. Hazard lights working perfect also. :aaaahh:

Reply to
pedro1492

The original poster's Celica problem is likely to be a bad turn signal switch, whereas the Ford guy's problem is the common and painful ignition switch failure.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey