1997 suburban 5.7 still will not accelerate properly at WOT when engine is hot

I noticed that when I hold the throttle body open and peer in there with a flash light that the passenger side seems dry and the drivers side seems a bit oily wet. I was thinking that the fuel pressure regulator or one of the hoses to the injectors is leaking. I put a fuel pressure tester on and the pressure is about 50 or 55 with the engine running. It was about 20 or so with the key on and the engine not running. The pressure drops quickly from 50-55 to about 20 when i turn the key off. I would have thought it should be "gas" wet, not "oily" wet if gas is leaking. A couple of other things that I happend upon when doing searches are that maybe the coil is weak or the distributor drive gear is worn. Any comments?

Reply to
boxing

I'm surprised it starts with that fuel pressure.

Reply to
Steve Austin

Steve what would normal numbers be?

Reply to
boxing

Spec is 55-61 KOEO. These systems are very fussy about the fuel pressure. A couple psi to low will usually show up as hard starting. They will usually run ok at a couple psi too low. Can you see the pressure gauge as you turn the ignition key on?

Reply to
Steve Austin

Reply to
phil