2000 Ford Taurus REAR springs broke

I see this is a common problem...for both the front and REAR springs.
I'm lucky the tire was not cut.
I know there was a recall for the FRONT springs....
My question...... is there any recall for the REAR springs or will the Ford dealer or Ford cover this in any way or should I just go to my local mechanic...
Car has 135,000 mi
thanks Mark
On Jan 13, 9:29 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I think this is a common problem with all cars. The springs don't last forever.
I had the same problem with my Contour. And when I was in the shop last time, another costumer had the same problem with his Escort. It is probably more common now because cars last longer.
A better fix might be a new Taurus, Fusion or Focus.
Jeff
In article
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

The recall was to install shields so that the tire would not be punctured. The recall did not involve any free replacement of springs.

None listed.

the dealer we send the cars to covers new springs if broke and the reinforcement plates but front only