86 Corolla used engine???

Hi,

I am the type that likes to fix rather than ditch broken stuff.

I have an '86 Corolla 5sp, with a bad 1st Cylinder. I'd like to maybe get a used engine for it but I've found them hard to come by, or very expensive. I'm wondering what luck I should expect for finding a used engine somewhere near where I live, in Medford, OR, for below about $300???

Thanks

Reply to
DoctorLes

I'm sure you will be able to find a used engine for less than $300.00, just start prowling the boneyards and tell 'em what you are willing to spend. Be prepared to compromise in quality however. For $300.00 you might find a complete engine with no more than one rod sticking through the pan.

Reply to
John S.