2009 Buick LaCrosse Unlocking With Remote problem ?

Hi,

Have a 2009 Buick LaCrosse sedan.

The Remote won't unlock the doors, or the trunk anymore. Have a new battery in it.

Before I bring it in, thought I'd ask here first.

What usually goes for this type of problem: the Remote itself, or a "receiver" module in the car ? Or,...?

If a Remote, how expensive, usually ? (are third party cheaper ones avail.?)

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

The remote itself is the most likely because of the ruggedised environment it operates in - your pocket.

That depends on the dealer.

The remote is cheap, the coding in to the car is the catch. The price for getting that done depends on the dealer/locksmith you get it done by.

As an aside, I don't know if it applies to your car, oftentimes the coding process requires another *working* remote in order to program in a new remote. I get the impression you may not have a second remote.

Reply to
Xeno