94 Geo metro diagnostic DTC 51

Does anyone know that this diagnostic is. What is the worst case scenario of the problem. BTW: I'm considering purchasing a car with this outstanding problem.

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave Schneider

Shep

Thanks. The egr doesn't sound too serious (i.e. $$$). A shop manual is being offered as part of the deal and I plan on getting it should this deal go down. .

Reply to
Dave Schneider

Reply to
Shep

Yes I know it's a Suzuki. This is the first I heard about difficulty to diagnose the ECM diagnostics. Thanks for the warning. I'm cooling off on this deal.

Reply to
Dave Schneider

I looked in my Haynes manual (1985-2001).

It does indicate that the code is for EGR and to check for a faulty connector or circuit.

If I were in your situation, pending purchase, I would pull the tail light fuse that causes the codes to be reset..

The see if the check engine light comes back on again.

If the code comes back again then expect to do further trouble shooting of the EGR circuit.

Reply to
Steve