99 GMC Savanna emission problem...NEED HELP

Hello all My Savanna has been running horrible since I replaced the in-tank fuel pump. The comp. is now spitting out A-B bank rich code all O2 sensors have been changed and has had no effect...The dealer wants 65.00 up-front to hook it up to their machine....anyone have Any advice/suggestions...thanks.frank

Reply to
Peter Griffin

If the fuel pressure regulator is in-tank like on most newer "returnless" systems, then perhaps it was dammaged or it's bleed port was plugged during installation. You need to check for things that cause a rich running condition, like excessive fuel pressure, then determine the cause.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

And by that, I mean 'damaged'. D'oh!

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

No chance you got the supply and return hoses turned around? All the sensor connectors wires firmly seated on the top of the pump?

Bob

Reply to
BOB URZ

your hoses got crossed and or pressure regulator

Reply to
tudysmuck