97 Chevy S-10 iginition problem

I have an intermittent problem that is getting worse. When I turn the key to the "hot" position, the truck is still "cold", i.e. the instrument panel lights don't light and the fuel pump doesn't run. Eventually if I cycle the key on and off a few times, or just keep the key in the hot position for a few seconds, the truck comes to life and will then start when I turn the engine over. Obviously an electrical problem. Is there a master relay that might be stuck? I'd like to know as much as possible before taking it to my mech on wednesday. Please reply directly to snipped-for-privacy@att.net. Thanks

Reply to
steve beckle

Most likely the ignition switch.

(just did -another- one thursday)

$130 or so retail for the switch, 2 hours labor.

Reply to
Neil Nelson