'97 S-10 question

Got the 3.2 V-6 with a/t.

In the last week or so, I hear a moderatley loud gurgling noise, like running water, in the center forward floorboard area. It seems to occur mostly when I start off. What is this telling me?

Reply to
RB

Possible air in the cooling system rushing through the heater core, which is made louder when you raise the RPMs (waterpump pushes more coolant volume through system). Check under your radiator cap in the morning on a cold engine, and check your overflow bottle to see if they are full of coolant.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

BTW, 3.2 V-6? That may be your problem ; )

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

One more thing, if you have the 4.3 V6 (a real engine offering that year), the hose that goes from the intake manifold to the heater core is attached to the manifold with a quick release fitting. Some/all of these have plastic restrictions inside the metal fitting on the manifold. If it was thrown away during a previous service, then that may be the cause of your noise.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish