Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Car radios going Bye bye in the future?
bob
2
2

ABS vibration
This past winter was the first time I drove with ABS in snow. Is there supposed to be a vibration that is transmitted all the way back to the pedal when it activates? This is a 2002 LeSabre.
2
2

Subaru Outback AWD And X-Mode Questions, Please
Hello, Thinking of a 2013, or possibly waiting for the 2014's, Subaru Outback. Very confused over their "X-Mode" and AWD feature. Might someone please explain the following for me ? [(a) is my main...
2
2

compression fittings on brake lines
Does anyone have a link to any law or standard that allows or prohibits their use? Was having a discussion with a mechanic yesterday and the wrench was saying that it was easier to use a compression...
28
28

Suspension parts - what's the diff (Dorman, Raybestos, AC Delco, Mevotech, Moog)
I'm looking at replacing the lower control arms on my '00 Chrysler 300M and my choices seem to be: Dorman (about $20 each) Raybestos ($26 - $46) AC Delco ($29 - $45) Mevotech ($30) Auto Extra /...
10
10

Vintage cars as furniture
bob
1
1

rust combat, 2nd installment, 1st phase
thinking of removing numerous rust spots on the doors and fenders of my decade old beater. before applying rustoleums alike thinking of using some kind of a brush in a veeeeeery compact cordless...
26
26

89 Electra Coil Spring replace and Air lift
89 Buick Electra Park Avenue again. This car had the air system struts removed long ago and now the back is sagging and struts/mounts are shot and car drags easily on back roads. Called Gabriel and...
1
1

Aluminum air battery
bob

Man, what a mediocre car
I had a Lumina too. I liked the roominess and the comfortable ride, and the clean, curvy, styling. The huge trunk was nice. It was a quiet ride. My dad had a Dodge Caliber and it was shocking how much...
5
5

what are you guys using for rust removal/paint prep?
Hi all, am thrashing on Jeep again... vehicle is mostly rust free (surprisingly, since it's from PA) but I've started ripping the old rear bumper and gas tank skid plate off so as to install a new...
15
15

New Camaro $55K err... forget the engine.....
bob
1
1

The Chevy Volt design....
Awl -- Recently, with the asshole extreeordinaire KiddingHisself, there was much acrimonious debate over the Volt, whose design I initially thought was Da Bomb. Kidding, however, has pointed out that...
22
22

9-speed gearboxes save how much fuel?
8-speed automatics have been around in German cars for a while. Now I hear that 9-speeds will be fitted to many SUVs in order to meet new fuel economy regulations. I saw one claim that they would save...
4
4

Spark plug electrode bent (twice)
2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R, bought used in 2007, with rebuilt engine installed. Daughter owns it, and she lives in another state. About 2 years ago, during interstate driving, the car started missing...
6
6