Accord Questions

Hello:

About to purchase a new Honda Accord LX , and am trying to get all my ducks in order before I go to the dealership.

Looked at the Edmunds site. Edmunds uses a descriptor of SRS, which I assume is supplemental restraint system, but what is PZEV as relates to the Accord ? About $ 150 difference with and without.?

The LX comes with 15" tires. Is it worth the hassle to go for the 16 " ones which their upscale Accords come with as st'd. ?

Are the suspensions, etc. exactly the same between the LX and EX ? (better handling, or... with the 16" ? )

Much thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

I'd ask the dealer, or post in the Honda group to check this.

The larger wheels and shorter sidewalls will give you better handling at a slight expense in ride comfort. It depends on whether you like a firmer, more responsive car or a softer, more luxury oriented car. Drive both and see what you think. The handling difference will only be obvious in faster corners.

See above. I don't know if they change other components in the particular year you are looking at. The Honda ng-group would be a better resource for that.

Reply to
Jimmy

PZEVs offer improved emissions at less cost than hybrids, though fuel economy remains less than HEVs

Partial zero-emission vehicles, or PZEVs, are also golden for auto manufacturers struggling to comply with California's notoriously strict auto emissions regulations.

PZEVs, and the even less-polluting AT-PZEVs ? the AT is for advanced technology ? cost little more than a standard gasoline-fueled internal combustion auto. PZEV's emit 90 percent less pollution.

PZEV's are cleaner than most electric-gasoline powered hybrid vehicles, and cost only about a hundred dollars more than a similar, higher-emissions model.

Robert11 wrote:

Reply to
Mike Behnke

The EX handles and performs quite better with components not found on the LX. 16" rim/tires?

Large diameter rims = performance Large diameter tires = wobbly experience

Overall, the width is essentail for performance. The LX is so stripped down beyond bearable. If you have a passion for the road or hates spin-outs then the EX is for you...the EX is a stallion, the LX is a horse-drawn wagon. -IMO

Reply to
Indian Summer

Wait a minute.. we're talking about Honda Accords............ you're comparing a snail to a turtle.

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Chang