Accord - Up Slope

Hi all, My car (1990 Honda Accord, Auto, 142K, 4 cyl) runs good otherwise. Only when going up slope, it is kind of slow.. doesnt go more than around 30mph. It feels kind of uncomfortable when going up slope. Can anybody please tell me what could be the reason ? And is there anything that I could do to improve on this? I know that it is a pretty old car and it has its own limitations, but any suggestions would be appreciated, especially since I am soon going to spend some $$ on replacing its time-belt. Thanks in advance! QGoogle

Reply to
QGoogle

Check the timing, fuel pressure, fuel filter, make sure the air filter is clean. Those are the easy to check things, usually power loss on an old engine is due to bad compression (rings).

Reply to
paint8oy