Ad in yesterday's (Sunday) newspaper classifieds.

All the ad says is, '87 Ford Van $1400.And there is a local telephone number.Do those vans have fuel injection? If so, I don't want it. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

The ad says, '87 Ford Van $1400. And there is a local telephone number.Do those vans have fuel injection? If so, I don't want it. ________________________________________________

Copy the phone number from the ad. Post the number here, along with your own number. Someone here can call the owner and ask if the van has fuel injection, then call you with the information.

Good luck.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

Odds are good a 1987 will have it.

Reply to
clifto

I am letting my supper digest for a while.I will phone that local area number in about an hour or so.Top Gear is on the BBC America channel now.They are driving around in the Alps and berating each others cars. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I did a little search on engines for that model van, and quite a few different options were available, sixes, 302's, 351's, diesels, etc. Fuel injection did seem to be present on them, but you would have to check the particular vehicle to be sure that a carburetor didnt slip in somewhere.

I used to have an old Ford van with the big six and standard tranny that was fuel efficient, powerful enough, and bulletproof, so I understand your reservations about more modern systems.

I drove a later model one with 302 V8 fuel injection, but there must have been something wrong with it. Gutless.

Reply to
HLS

WAY too expensive for an 87, that sucker is 20 years old!

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain

I phoned that guy last night about the van.I reconized his voice, he is the same guy I phoned about a month or so ago about another van he had for sale.He talks in kind of a fast clipped voice, I think he is from another country.He said it does have fuel injection.He said he has another van he will sell to me for about $900.00.1979 Ford van, E250, straight shift transmission, it has a caburetor.He said he has to find another steering column, something about the one that is on there now broke.He said for me to call him back on Monday.I think I don't want to fool with a patched up van.$900.00 seems too steep for me anyway. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Sounds like the same racket that goes on around here (Dallas). Everything in the classifieds is actually being offered by unlicensed fly-by-night dealers. The legit individual sellers are hounded by these guys until they give up.

I'll bet if you went to look at it, you would find the guy working out of a completely unfurnished apartment & half a dozen old wrecks parked out front that he would be happy to sell you if you don't like the one you came to see.

Reply to
E Meyer